Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With USB Drive after run CHKDSK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luisrvra

luisrvra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

I got a situation with my USB drive where suddenly it was scanned with CHLDSK (That was my son tell me). The problem is that the folder that was created on the USB is not a folder any more and it creates a Folder named Found.000 and inside about 21 files named as File0000.CHK to the File0020.CHK. I now that the CHK extension are files Fragments from the CHKDSK. All information is not available right now. Is there a way to recover the information on the USB Drive?

Thanks

LUIS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

Try...Explorer view of My Computer, right-click on drive, Properties/Tools, push Check Now button. Select both the Automatically Fix and Scan For options. Start.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users