Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 esserspace

esserspace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Computer keeps having this error.

AXWIN Frame Window:svchost.exe
The instruction at " a bunch of numbers" referenced memory at " a different bunch of numbers". The memory could not be "written".

then it gives me a choice of shut down or debug and when I say debug it shuts down.. This happens about 10 minutes into session after start up. When it shuts down it says its by the NT Authority/System.
If I ignore it, the window does not go away but I can use the computer( I just move it out of the way. )
I have tried system restore, removed a new program downloaded a few days ago and removed random registry entries that I know are not part of my current set up.

OS win xp

Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Did you look at any of the google results for that error? There are only a few but they might be worth checking out.....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_...amp;safe=images

Have you done any scans for malware?

#3 Hurryhelpme

Hurryhelpme

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe - Application Error, etc.
Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services, Windows has closed this program. Data Execution Prevention etc.
System by NT/Authority/System DCOM Server Process, etc.

I had these virus problems attack my computer Jan 20, 2010. On January 22, I downloaded ComboFix from Bleeping Computer and it removed the viruses.

1. Read the instructions posted at Bleeping Computer prior to downloading ComboFix. AND Following them!
2. Combofix froze up at step 2 of its virus scan and I had to hard shut down my computer and reboot.
3. I ran Combofix again and it completed all the steps and cleaned out the viruses and rebooted my computer.
4. Combofix froze up at the compiling log report. I had to hard shut down my computer and reboot.
5. I ran Combofix and it completed the log report. My computer is running fine now. No virus attacks.
6. I had Spybot and Norton Anti Virus and Spyware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware but I still got attacked.
7. I have since downloaded AVG Technologies Anti Virus and Spyware from Cnet downloads. AVG is very good and does complete scans of all files. More than Spybot and Norton.

I hope this info helps others.

#4 alasmith1

alasmith1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

I am having this same error on my daughter's computer. I scanned with Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, Avira and nothing. She has had problems in the past with a bad vundo virus, backdoor, and a password stealer. After cleaning those is when the AXWIN Frame Windows Error pops up. I cannot start her computer in safemode either. I've read others that said combofix has fixed their problem, but I won't run that without being told to, I'm not trying to create a bigger problem. Help please!

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hi Alasmith1 and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

You made a good decision not to run Combofix on your own as running it without expert supervision can lead to an inoperable computer

It would be best if you started your own topic in the "Am I Infected" section of this forum to get help cleaning up your computer. Here is a link to it...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Good Luck

Btw, any time there is a backdoor trojan or rootkit on the system, it really cannot be deemed trustworthy, even after it has been cleaned, until the computer has been reformatted and should not be used for online banking or making credit card purchases. If the computer has been used for any online banking or making credit card purchases, the bank should be notified and passwords should be changed on a computer that is known to be clean.

Edited by Stang777, 04 February 2010 - 06:32 PM.

#6 alasmith1

alasmith1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

Thank you I will start a new topic. I do not believe any banking has been done on that computer recently, it is my daughters computer and I do not use it. I use my own for any of that type of stuff. Thank you so much.

#7 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

You are very welcome :thumbsup:

#8 MyComputerIsSick

MyComputerIsSick

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

hi im having the same axwin frame problem...it started sometime between jan18-jan21. one guy from the am i infected forum told me to post a log log here from event viewier, but i wasnt sure of what exactly to post? can someone help me
If you have to sneak and do it, Then you dont need to do it!

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

to MyComputerIsSick: You were supposed to continue posting at the malware forum where Boopme was assisting you.

If you read the link provided by him, you will see exactly what he wants.

When users have opened a thread in any of the BC forums...they should take all instructions and suggestions from that forum only until either resolution of the issue or release by authorized personnel manning that forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users