Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect Virus (had antivirus 2010 virus)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maury1965

Maury1965

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hello,
I've sifted through many threads trying to find exactly the same issues that I've been having, with no luck.
About a week ago my daughter told me she had a virus on her computer. Well, it was in pretty bad shape indeed. She had the Antivirus 2010 virus, from the best I could tell. She kept getting pop-ups saying that she had a virus and needed to download software to get rid of it. I tried to use System Restore but it would not work. (virus?) I finally downloaded Malwarebytes, and it seemed to resolve the issue. But then she called me and said when she clicked on a link it took her to a different site. Sure enough, you google something and when you click on one of the links it takes you to an advertising site. Then, you can go back to google, click on the link again, and it will take you to the desired site. I've tried everything with no luck. I have a log file from HiJackThis ready if someone believes they can help.
Thanks in advance.....
Maury

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maury1965

Maury1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

My daughter's computer has a virus that redirects from search engines to ad sites. I did a Hijackthis log if I could get someone to check it out for me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 January 2010 - 06:46 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users