Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu and HP mini's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

I would like to be able to dual boot on my HP mini netbook using Windows 7 and Ubuntu. My only issue is that last time I checked there were sound issues that had yet to be resolved.

Where can I got to check to see if sound drivers are resolved or if it's still an issue?

Is there any danger of dual booting such as a drive locking (unable to wipe clean) if I wanted to later remove both OS's?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Ubuntu comes as a LiveCD that can be used to test the OS (and see if the sound works) without any changes to your computer. If you are not pleased, you can remove the CD and boot into your normal OS as usual.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 Willm

Willm

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

The HP mini doesn't have a cd drive I believe. You are going to want to use a program like UNetbootin, or CD2usb which are programs that will allow you to put ubuntu onto a flash drive and then boot off them.

#4 savyboy24

savyboy24

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

Can I download the Live-Cd or only the install.

#5 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

You can download the LiveCD (which doubles as the install CD) from here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/karmic/
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users