Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating Graphics card driver disabling Tv-out. Black bars on sides of tv screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raji1980

raji1980

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hello hopefully someone can help me. I installed a Geforce 8400gs pci into my pc today. I just wanted it for the Tv-out. I have windows 7 64bit. When I first installed it everything was fine but than the monitor kept losing signal so I reinstalled the card. Well when I first installed the card I got full screen on my tv but after this install there is a picture in the middle with black bars on the sides. Its like that on the monitor and the tv when I pair them up. I kept trying different settings but nothing worked. Then I thought I should update the driver. Well when I updated to the latest driver the graphics card stopped recognizing my tv. I restarted several times and uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers with no luck. When I uninstall the drivers from the website and reinstall the drivers from my cd I get a picture on my tv but still black all around the sides. I know it can get full screen cause I already had it. Does anyone know why updating my graphics card stops the signal to my tv? Upgrading my card will not matter if I can figure out how to get full screen back. I connect with S-video. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Have you tried adjusting the monitor...for the new card?

A monitor has horizontal and vertical adjustments which control the presence/amount of screen viewed, as well as other settings. Take a look at the directions/controls for your monitor.

Louis

#3 raji1980

raji1980
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Yes I tried that. Its just moved the screen but the screen needs to be stretched. I guess the monitor is adjusting to the tv. When I first installed the card I really did not do anything and it was full screen.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Take the TV out of the equation...connect your system to your monitor and adjust it properly.

Once that is straight, you can worry about the TV connection.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users