Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi There

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joyflyin

joyflyin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hi there, I just wanted to say hello & thanks for the info I haven't found yet. :D My husband's computer is acting up & I get to fix it. :thumbsup: I usually just do a reformat for him, but thought I would be adventurous this time & try to find the problem. I haven't had a chance to poke around the site yet, but I will. I found a great Harley forum like this & now I work on our bikes, so I hope this site helps me keep his machine running top notch.

I don't know what he does, but he always has troubles. I run a mac & a pc & rarely have problems on my stuff. I think a lot of his problems stems from craigslist, he spends a lot of time there.

I'll spend some time reading here & see what I can come up with. If I have any questions, I'll post them in the correct (I hope) forum.

Thanks again.

Joy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

While it is always easy to opt to reform your hard drive, you are faced with the awesome task of reinstalling all your apps and changing all your defaults. In many cases, the malware is simple to remove, and you are spared the time reinstalling takes.
If you think the computer is infected, then the best place to post is in the AM I INFECTED? Forum, providing as many details as you can about what is happening (nor NOT happening) and any strange messages popping up.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users