Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010, +no internet, uninstalled removal programs, screwed up desktop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

Well, I had Internet Security 2010, and followed the steps listed in a thread I saw here. Well, as a side effect of that I got SuperSpywareKiller (or whatever the program is called). The virus, when rebooting the computer, 'hulked up.' It killed my internet, uninstalled my network security (cisco NAC agent) the school requires, uninstalled clamwin (which the school requires), uninstalled Malwarebytes, caused my desktop picture to pixellate, caused my desktop icons to look like they're permanantly highlighted, and occasionally flashes a blue desktop before reverting to my (still pixellated) desktop.

All I have right now is this screenshot of what SSK keeps giving me. I told it to remove the files and havn't shut down the computer (because it comes RIGHT BACK when I do).

Hmmm... For some reason, I don't see the thing to attach images. Any suggestions?

What should my first steps be? Remmeber I've got to download onto a USB hard drive to transfer files from a library computer that's on the internet and the infected computer in the dorm.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheOrgg

TheOrgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

Anyone? This virus has hit three more people on the campus, and noone can do anything about it so far.

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Should I go elsewhere? I still cannot get the computer to get online, and that's what's needed by the antivirus programs to be able to update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users