Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unlimited web hosting uk & help with design

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kenneh

kenneh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Hi All

New to this forum, so please bear with me :thumbsup:

I currently have a forum, which is being moved over to http://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/

I want to make a website for it, some thing with a few pages. Basically I run a small paranormal investigation group;

www.berkshireparagroup.webs.com

I have no clue how to design a site, even looking through help guides etc, I am really failing. I can't afford much at all :flowers:

Is there anyone on here that can offer help with web design or knows of any other sites tha offer help, such as this?

Thank you

K

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:31 PM

My suggestion would be to simply use something like Wordpress. It is blogging software, and it can be customized pretty much any way that you want. There are tons of free templates. It is also incredibly easy to install. I would be surprised if your host didn't already have some sort of a guide explaining how to set it up.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I should point out that a forum is a website. So what you are asking is how to add some pages that are accessible from your forum? What forum software are you using?

#3 kenneh

kenneh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hi

Phpbb3 (i think)

Although, after reading this forum, I have found dwarftut and working my way around that. I am no where near a general knowledge of adding pages etc. After speaking to my new host, they will intergrate what I come up with on this Dwarftut.

Thanks for your reply x

#4 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

well whats "dwarftut"? i dont understand that.

and you can use Dreamweaver CS4 for a webpage editor. it is really easy to use, and it will teach you how to code a website your self.

if you already got help than im sorry, but you should check out Dreamweaver CS4 (Adobe product) you can try the trial (15 day trial i think) and if you like it you could buy it ($224 i think, not sure)

there is another editor that offers the same thing as Dreamweaver CS4, and its free. i have not checked it out, but when i find it i will.

if you are curious about coding websites, than Dreamweaver would be a good startout program.
(P.S. i do not understand what you were saying above, so i am sorry if your question has been answered.)

and if you think that your domain name is to long, than go to www.dot.tk and they will redirect your website for free. so if your site was "www.mysite.thishost.com"
you could change it to: "www.mysite.tk"

it is an awesome webiste, i use it my self. they will also (legally) shorten other websites, like instead of "www.bleepingcomputer.com" you could make it "www.forums.tk"

theo nly thing is if you choose a free domain, you will need at least 20 visitors in 90 days or they will take the domain away...but i dont think you will have a problem with that.
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users