Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change audio output to headphone setting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joeeee

Joeeee

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

Recently a part of my headphone jack got stuck in the plug and so I can't use that plug anymore. I am using the audio plug in the back of my computer now but it's definitely made for a different form of audio like speakers. I'm wondering if there's any way I can program this plug into outputting the same kind of audio the front plug would. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

It sounds like you're using the "line out" jack, and I don't know of anyway to use software to convert it to standard audio.

Edited by Capn Easy, 20 January 2010 - 11:50 PM.

#3 vb543

vb543

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:20 PM

Im not sure if you can configure it to work that way. You may want to try getting a USB audio device which will give you a high quality headphone jack right out of your USB port. You can get one of these at geeks.com for around $5

#4 Joeeee

Joeeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:02 AM

Thanks, vb. That's much better than paying geek squad to unjam it I'm sure.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:06 AM

If you can see the broken piece and it is hollow, mix up a small amount of epoxy
I say epoxy because I don't believe superglue gel has the tensile strength
Get a drop on the end of a toothpick and push it carefully into the broken piece
Don't push real hard or you will deform the pin and make it harder to remove
Let it cure for a day and pull it out

Edited by garmanma, 26 January 2010 - 11:23 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users