Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remote desktop & dial-up networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joeh

joeh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

I am accessing another computer via remote desktop. When I try to launch dial-up networking on the remote computer (the one I've accessed via RDP) the remote desktop connection freezes up and I loose connectivity without actually having been disconnected. If I disconnect my session (disconnect because I can't log off due to it being frozen) and try to reconnect, I get an error message stating that the remote computer can't receive the connection or is too busy. The remote computer then needs to be restarted for me to gain access again.

Can dial-up networking be used via remote desktop (or terminal services, if you will)? When I mentioned the problem to a friend, he mentioned that WinXP must be having a communication conflict.

My computer runs Win2000 Pro; computer I access runs WinXP Pro

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:55 PM

what program are you using, pcanywhere, vnc? how are you accessing (remotely) the node? why are you tryng to dial out once you have dialed in?
let me know
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users