Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drives

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you think is better: SATA150 or SATA 3.0 GB/s? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you think is better: SATA150 or SATA 3.0 GB/s?

1. Serial ATA 150 (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Serial ATA 3.0 GB/s (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 QuikSilverMD

QuikSilverMD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

I'm not so sure myself, I need some opinions.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

Well the top otpion, serial ata 150 is clearly better. I think you got mixed up, the top option has 150 gigabytes, and the bottom one only has 3.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:41 AM

I think he's talking about SATA and the so-called SATA II, where SATA started with a transfer speed of 1.5 Gb/s or 150 MB/s while the so-called SATA II has reached a transfer speed of 3 Gb/s or 300 MB/s. Actually its name isn't SATA II, but that is the name of the organization that oversees the SATA specification, and they changed it to SATA IO. But you do see people calling the 3 Gb/s SATA SATA II. SATA IO has plans of pushing it at least up to 600 MB/s.

But I'm hard pressed to see when you would have any use of a 3 Gb/s transfer speed in a hard drive, except for cache burst, considering the read speed is the bottleneck already.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users