Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quietrob

quietrob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hello!

My name here is quietrob. You can find me on facebook using that my email address if you wish to know more about me.

First I just want to say thanks! In the past I've fixed many a computer by simply visiting your forum answers and
following instructions.

I have an unstable computer that frequently crashes and is unable to execute certain functions. I know for a fact that I have a TDSSserve.sys issue that I can't seem to get of as well as a slow connection when I simply wish to click on My Computer.

Though I am not at the level of the experts here, I am not completely unschooled in computer repair. Hopefully, I'll be able to follow any instructions given.

I have Windows XP Professional.
XPS - M170.

Is it possible to get some help?

I have access to another computer on a wired connection. I am on a wireless connection.

Thanks for your help in the past.

Thank you for your time.

Please let me know what you require.

Robin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

I know for a fact that I have a TDSSserve.sys

The best and most efficient resolution is to reformat and reinstall
Short of that I recommend you submit a DDS / HJT log

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.

You will also be instructed to create a Root Repeal Log

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

The HJT team is very busy and it will take awhile to get to your post
Please be patient and good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 quietrob

quietrob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

Thank You.

Due to the amount of installed content (I am an artist), I don't wish to reformat and reinstall. I am continuing to create using this computer and a prolonged work stoppage is not desirable at this time.

I wish to fix this computer and make it more stable.

I will go the Preparation Guide and for Use before Postiing a Hijackthis Log route.

I haven't heard of a Root Repeal Log. I hope that it will be self evident as I follow the steps.

Thanks for the offer of help. If it takes a week or two weeks or however long it will be worth the time in knowledge alone.

I'm off to the guide and the Hijack This Log Forum.

Robin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users