Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost desktop icons and taskbar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob101

Bob101

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hello, I need help on this pc it lost its icons and taskbar I canít even right click on desktop but task manager works. Under Processes I canít see explorer.exe and when I type in that under run, the taskbar comes up for a fraction of a second and goes away. Here is a list of programs I ran Mbam, spydoctor, spybot, and Combofix every one seems to find and remove something but still canít get it back. I even went to Kellys corner and tried a few of them, I guess Iím at your mercy ones again. Thanks Guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hello Bob101:

Is it possible for you to repair your Windows XP installation using the Windows XP Setup Disk? Post back here if you have it and want instructions on how to do it. Thanks.
fueled by coffeeô

#3 Bob101

Bob101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

O yes I did do a second repair, the one after F8 it did the repair but still no good. And before I did that I also did a restore to about a month ago to a time when it was working fine and same thing no icons or taskbar.

#4 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Okay, this sounds like a registry error. Or possibly you're still infected with a virus. Maybe you should post this in the Am I infected? forum.

Let the experts in that forum give you further guidance. Let's make sure you're 100% clean before diagnosing this as a Windows problem.
fueled by coffeeô

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users