Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

have been infected and need help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sailor32009

sailor32009

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hello, I have a Compaq/HP tablet pc running windows xp pro tablet edition, I lent it to a project manager at work for use on a jobsite and he left it on connected to the web unprotected and got it back when he said it didn't work. All the project data is on it and there is a ton of other info I don't want to lose, some of it is backed up, but I would really like to avoid having to format and do a clean install right now. sorry for the rant, I'm almost at the end of my rope trying to deal with this. I read some of the posts on your sight and downloaded hijackthis, tried to download malwarebytes tool, but it wouldn't install correctly. So I am here for more help, Security tool is blocking the desktop and constantly popping up, antivirus plus is hijacking my browsers and god knows whatever else, even in safe mode, its very slow. so please, any direction to help me better deal with this and get my machine back will be greatly appreciated. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sailor32009

sailor32009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Just an update, after more reading on your site, I renamed malwarebytes install program and it ran and installed so i am going to run that now and i will post the results of what it finds.

#3 sailor32009

sailor32009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

Thanks to your great tutorials and how your staff helped others with the same problem, I was able to get rid of the malware and now my machine is running right again, thank you, I no longer need help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users