Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wiring my PC to my LCD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cashboxer

Cashboxer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

I have a friend who is building a new house and wants to connect his PC to his 54" LCD that is on the wall across the room. The house is still under construction and the walls are open with no Sheetrock. He wants to know what kind of wire he should run to make it work. He wants sound to work too. I thought about running a HDMI cable, but don't know if that is the best way. What do you guys recommend? This is a 3 million dollar home, and he doesn't want it to look cobbled up with wires hanging out of the wall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

I haven't looked at new cabling combinations in awhile
Off the top of my head with a quick answer,
I would run conduit so if the need arises, it's easy to pull new cable. You can even leave a pull string in the conduit for when it's needed
There are various covers for whatever combination he goes with

Edited by garmanma, 19 January 2010 - 01:03 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Not a complete answer, nevertheless I suggest sticking to an HDMI connection for the best results.

Also make sure he has a good video card (with HDMI out) to power the 54" LCD display.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users