Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix Turned Off My Networking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Antilokhos

Antilokhos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

I was using ComboFix to get rid of a nasty problem I had under the direction of the guys over at SpywareInfo. The program ran great and really seemed to help clean things up. Unfortunately my networking is now gone. I can not connect to either the Wireless or the Wired network within my apartment. I know the network is working because I can access it with my PSP with no issues. I've tried repairing the connection, and disabling and enabling both the wireless and wired adapters with no luck. The wireless doesn't even see any networks, and I know there are quite a few running in my building. And the wired connection doesn't work even when I plug it in directly to the modem and bypass the router.

Unfortunately I have no other computer at home with which to seek out help so I'm pretty stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Edit I'm not sure if this counted as a networking issue or not. Since my initial problem was malware related I figured this may be the best place to start, since people familiar with ComboFix may have had to deal with this situation before.

Edited by Antilokhos, 19 January 2010 - 08:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

IMPORTANT NOTE:Your DDS/Hijackthis log is posted here and you are already getting help.

After posting a log and getting assistance, please refrain from asking for help elsewhere while you are being instructed by a member of the HJT Team at another forum. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

In this case, the Helper has access to the same information our HJT Team members have here. You need to inform that helper of the issue you are having. He replied to you the other day but you never replied back so your topic is still in progress.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform that Helper. We would ask the same if you had posted your log here.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team at SWI. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users