Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

post removal "internet security 2010" virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trailyak

trailyak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

I followed the instructions from your "How-To-Do" guide http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010. After restarting my desktop computer, this error occurred at the "Log On to Windows" screen.

svchost.exe - Application Error
The instruction at '0x7d4caa9b' referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be 'read'
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on Cancel to debug the program

I clicked on either OK and Cancel on two separate occasions with nothing happening. I got thru the "Log On to Windows" screen. Just the desktop picture showed up. In the Task Manager, I opened a New Task and manually started the Start menu. My start menu and icons on the desktop now show up.

My internet connections do not work. I tried disabling and then re-enabling. Not sure what to do, if this is related to the above application error. I'm working off my laptop not infected to use this forum.

Any suggestions appreciated. For the most part, the virus appears to be removed. thanks for that!

--trailyak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users