Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pat71896

pat71896

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

:thumbsup: I uninstalled Registry Patrol (Rogue Security Software, thanks for letting me know Bleeping Computer Community!!!) and Control Panel does not show it on my PC.

However, it is still in my Windows Explorer, just not on the "C:/program files/Registrypartrol.exe" It is in C:/Registrypatrol.exe.

Can I just delete this part? It appears to be a full executable file. If I delete it, I would do a "Glary Utilities, Registry Scan" to get rid of the remanents. Will that cause more problems or make it as useless as possible?

I have two other programs that are the same way, but I am really worried about the Registrypatrol.

For instance, since install and uninstall, I cannot access my jpg files by opening the folders. I also cannot save my jpg files for the same reason. I have to copy a jpg to the Desktop inorder to access and attach to an email or document.

Concerned but hoping someone has a good word for me about getting rid of this program, I am humbly yours, Pat :flowers:

(Sorry for the typo in the Heading - Successful is the word.)

Edited by Pandy, 19 January 2010 - 03:11 AM.
Moved from Windows Vista ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users