Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center - No Sound, No Start Menu

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ScottLPaul

ScottLPaul

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

Hi

Hopefully you can help me.

I am running a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP3.

The sound stopped working on the system and the system hangs trying to reinstall the drivers.
In addition, when you click on Start, all of the Start Menu icons are gone. Also, when you click on Control Panel and you try to swtich to Classic View, it does not work.

I ran MBAM on it in Safe mode and it found and cleared Adware.MyWebSearch, Trojan.Vundo, Trojan.BHO, Fake.Dropped.Malware and Malware.Trace. I ran it again and the system is clean. I rebooted the system and ran MBAM as both users and comes up clean, but the above problems still exist.

I tried SuperAntiSpyware and that came up with Rogue.Agent/Gen.Nullo which I also cleaned.

What else could be causing these?

Thanks
Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users