Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Post Internet Security 2010 issue in Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scott Mal

Scott Mal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

Greetings,

I spent 2 days trying to get rid of the Internet Security 2010 trojan virus on a Pc on my home network. What an experience! Thanks to this website, you had the solution that removed the virus and put things back to 'normal'.

However, now IE does not find any website? I have email access no problem. I ran the MS diagnostics and it says that winsock is ok, but HTTP and FTP are not granting access. Did this virus change some port settings or anything like that?

It's weird, because it only happens with the login that I used to remove the virus. If I log on with another login on that PC, the Internet is accessible with no problem.

By the way, there were some left-over residue in the registry which I managed to clean up with no side effects. Search for IS2010 and just delete the entries. There were maybe 6 or 7 of them...not too bad.

ANy ideas out there on the IE problem? (I'm using version 6, SP3 on that particular PC).

Thanks,

Scott M.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scott Mal

Scott Mal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Never mind...I found it. Evidently the Internet Security 2010 trojan changes the LAN setings in IE. That is, it turns on the proxy server setting on the Connection tab of the Internet Explorer options form. I unchecked it and we're in business again.

Just thought I'd share with everyone just in case :thumbsup:

Scott M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users