Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus - Security Tool

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccole

ccole

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

I have virus "security tools", i have tried these things ...1. dwnld rkil.com but unable to run security tool overrides this command. 2. searched files was able to delete files and icon from desktop but unable to do anything else 3. rebooted computer and tried to enter into Safe Mode by by F10 but security tool overrides. 4. went into start, all programs, acessories, then system restore but security overrided. What else can i do?

Edited by ccole, 18 January 2010 - 09:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:54 AM

Is the problem that when you run rkill, security tool automatically closes it? If so, keep running rkill over and over . It will eventually catch and terminate the malware processes.

#3 ccole

ccole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

Do u have any recommendations to restore display screen with my icons?

I see that you are #3 on member list, I'm thinking you had a part in starting this web site; is that accurate? If so, thank you for being so user friendly. Great thing about it being so easy, is that I'm going walk a friend through the same process to eliminate Security Tool.

Cheers,
Christine

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

Spyware Doctor was actually an ad, not part of the guide. You may want to consider trying to get a refund and instead use this program that is free:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:

MalwareBytes' AntiMalware download link

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Let me know after a reboot if the blue screen is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users