Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer takes an hour to start.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 akire

akire

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hello! Well, something's up with my computer. Every time I turn on my pc it literally takes 40 mins to an hour to load onto my desktop. This has been happening for the past week. All I'm able to see is a black screen with the loading bar and maybe an hour later I see my desktop. When it finally turns on I'm able to use it like normal. Websites and everything seems to be working fine (not slow at all). A few hours may pass and it completely freezes on me or gets stuck. My mouse won't work, the time stops, my computer (fan) stops making noise and I have to turn it off. I have McAfee and I've tried to run a full scan, but in the middle of the scan it froze. I defragmented and it took 12 hours, I even used Disk Cleanup. I used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it came back clean. So, I'm not sure what's going on. Could my pc still be infected? I downloaded Autoruns and I didn't get to do anything since I got confused. I've installed a printer and a webcam recently, not sure if that's the problem. I've disconnected both and still no improvement. I'm using Vista Home on eMachines. I hope someone could help. The picture below is what I'm stuck staring at for an hour.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users