Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broadband speed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dragon18007

dragon18007

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

HI

I have O2 Broadband premium with the O2 wireless box II on up to 20 meg. I would only ever get 2-4mb so I called them up and they said it was because I was using an telephone extension cable from the master socket in the livingroom up to my room and to change it to a broadband extension cable.

So I bought a RJ11 cable and I have done a few speed tests using various sites and show higher speeds from around 7mb to 12mb (depending when I test them) but whenever I download something it always downloads at the same speed around 150kbs to 250kbs? how is this when the speed test sites say I can get up to 12mbs?

I checked my uncles PC (stays across the road) and he is on talk talk and varies from 7mb to 12mb like myself and downloaded the same file from cnet and he was downloading at 1.5mbs - 2mbs where I was only 150kb to 200kb?? both are connected with ethernet cables.

why is there a big difference in speed?

JJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users