Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious gaming machine...Specs, options and advice sought!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Odession

Odession

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:46 AM

Open debate, opinions and views are welcome:

I'm a serious gamer, I got my current system around Jan '04 - and now I notice my then good system is struggling a little (IE: No longer can I simply ramp the options all the way up and still have a great framerate. :thumbsup: )

Current System Specs:
2.4ghz P4, 1gig RAM, GeForce 4 Ti4600 Gold graphics card.
Other specs unknown (will update later if anyone's intrested)

What I'm looking for is a dual monitor system with enough graphics power to keep me from having to update until well into 2006, possibly even 2007 (I can dream, yes?). Dual 256mb GeForce 7800 GTX PCI graphics cards seem to be all the rage, although I'm not too sure if they're worth it, bragging rights aside. :flowers:

I'll be looking to squeeze in the very utmost amount I can from the start, meaning anywhere between 2-4+ gigs RAM depending on what the mobo will handle, as much processor speed as possible (without dual-pro - I hear nothing but bad for it on dedicated gaming machines), a good sound system (Previously all I have used is headphones, so soundsystem wasn't an issue). :trumpet:

Any help, advice, comments and/or slandering/random comments welcome. :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:18 AM

Cool, I myself am in the middle of upgrading my machine. The upgrade went to around 2000 and at the moment I'm waiting, got all the pieces except the PSU. I'd be delighted to share ideas, experiences or just talk smack.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users