Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games always seem to have a lag no matter what

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ak1rby

ak1rby

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hey I'm new here (this part probably wont end well :\) and I was wondering if someone out there can solve my computer problem because I am not that computer savy myself.

Every time I play a game, be it a game that requires next to nothing to run (Worms Armageddon, Guilty Gear) or a game that requires a bit more to run (WoW, TF2) there always seems to be these small lag spikes even while I am playing the game offline.

Here are my specs
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/y...pg?t=1263855575

and graphic card info
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/y...pg?t=1263855487

Anyone know what the problem seems to be, I am told it is Vista in some cases but other cases I dont seem to get an answer

thanks in advance

Ak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

those arent specs those are running processes specs would be processor type and speed, motherboard , and memory/amount and speed

Edited by rayj0054, 18 January 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#3 ak1rby

ak1rby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

those arent specs those are running processes specs would be processor type and speed, motherboard , and memory/amount and speed

Bah, see what I mean, not good in this subject at all :\

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

by right clicking my computer and then properties you should be able to at least give us the CPU type and speed, and how much ram. You can also download programs like everest or CPU-Z and get your specific specs off there. what would help is most is CPU type (brand and model, and speed) memory, the amount of and how fast it runs, and Video card type (manufacturer and model number) and, what kind of power supply unit you have. You can find that by opening the side of the case and finding the square box with all the wires leading out of it, and that the power cable from the wall connects to. what we need off that is the wattage (should say maximum wattage somewhere) and the amperage off the 12v rails. there should be some little boxes that say things like -12 and -5 etc. find the boxes that say +12, there should be a number with a a below it. for examble:

+12 +12
19a 18a

then tell us how many +12 rails you have and how many amps (the number with the A beside it) they each have. this info will help us help you. Thanks :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 ak1rby

ak1rby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

Oh wow, I had the wrong picture the whole time for specs.

>.<

I was gonna post a completely different picture but I guess I copied the wrong one. I feel so stupid. I was wondering "I thought that was correct"

wow. Anyway... here is the picture I intended it post

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/y...pg?t=1264122639

I feel so stupid :/

#6 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:23 AM

Notebooks aren't really my strong side, but here's a thought. Maybe there is some interference. Seen that plenty of times.
Plug in a different mouse, use another port, remove other peripheals or clean the keyboard with a vacuum cleaner or better compressed air. Clean the rest of the exterior while your at it.

Hope that does it and sorry about my poor english. :thumbsup:

#7 ak1rby

ak1rby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

Notebooks aren't really my strong side, but here's a thought. Maybe there is some interference. Seen that plenty of times.
Plug in a different mouse, use another port, remove other peripheals or clean the keyboard with a vacuum cleaner or better compressed air. Clean the rest of the exterior while your at it.

Hope that does it and sorry about my poor english. :thumbsup:

Cleaned everything and I dont even use a mouse and I still have the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users