Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista/XP messages/contacts to Win7 64x

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 royala

royala

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Hi all,

My Vista crashed several weeks ago, got it back up, then my hard drive went bad. I can still access it in my new Win7 64x machine (Drive E:\) I just built...ASUS mobo, core 2 duo, 4GB, 160GB HD. Win7 is working great, and I have moved all docs, movable programs, and other vip stuff. I haven't tried favs yet.

I need help with importing messages and contacts from Vista Windows Mail to Win7 Windows Live Mail. Are there any suggestions? I have tried the direct route through Live Mail Import with no luck, and also tried the Take Ownership method which locked up my computer real good when I tried to open the new Windows Mail folder I created for Win7.

Thanks.

royala

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

Is this site any help?
http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/
Failing that it would help if you could give a run down of how the Import process fails and any associated messages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users