Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/Malware Ambush!! Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oricon

oricon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

I was just watching some anime when suddenly this window saying its installing some antivirus programmer enthusiastically appeared, I try to exit it and was unable to effect it at all, then loads of these app suddenly start running which I have never heard of before saying Im infected, then I try to ctrl alt delete and its saying I cant cause my admin has been disabled and my wall paper has changed saying Im infected and all these things keep poping up some I cant even exit out of.

My system froze, my videos & browser crashed and I was just left feeling like I had been digitally gangraped and contracted some warts or something...

At the time I was just just uploading a file to sharebee and watching anime on my vlc player, AVG was running the whole time and only once attempted to stop this calamity and had no effect. Im now doing a full scan (which I do every time i turn on this laptop Ive been allowed to borrow) and theres just a ton of viruses getting flagged that have come from nowhere!!

Do I use avenger or something?? Ive got that app on my external (which I switched off moments after these shananagains started so that didnt get infected aswell) and a few others like malwarebytes in my first aid folder on the external.

Im gonna leave my computer on until this problem has been resolved. Would really appreciate some help as I know how damaging viruses can be, and danm this isnt even my computer!

Edited by oricon, 18 January 2010 - 03:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oricon

oricon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

Why isn't anyone helping me out?

#3 oricon

oricon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

Well Ive now got bsod and cant get to safe mode. Savage.. Cheers for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users