Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove game from add/remove list

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kickehy

kickehy

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:57 AM

I installed Star Wars:KOTOR onto my computer, beat it, then wanted to get rid of it. So, I went to add/remove programs and "removed" it. Well, it did get removed from the computer but it's still listed in the add/remove spot and no matter how many times you click the change/remove button it does absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure you can remove it in the registry, but I've tried searching for it and have come up with nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:00 AM

This is more of an annoyance than a problem, but I found this information:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-009

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...1&Product=winxp

But note that both versions require your making registry changes, so be very careful and make sure you have backed up the current version of the registry before making changes!

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 25 August 2005 - 10:01 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 kickehy

kickehy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:56 AM

Well....I can't find Star Wars or anything of the sort there...I even tried looking at each registry key in each folder to see if i could find the uninstall string but couldn't find one.

#4 kickehy

kickehy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:07 AM

nevermind.....i just missed it in the list....found it after another search :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users