Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble, Please help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dannydo

dannydo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hello My name is Danny,
Okay, I'm basically new to this; but today I woke up to find my computer malfunctioning
(XP professional .. yeah I'm pretty out-dated)

First, it kept restarting on me, when I tried to run it in normal mode, it restarts at the windows loading screen; after the flashing blue screen, which I found out is called the "Blue screen of death".
Even safe mode wouldn't run, until I mucked around with it; and press ESC when necessary to stop a .sys file from loading and only then I can run safe mode..
After wards, I was "google-ing" the problem, I found a site with a solution which included to change your BIOS to run via the Microsoft XP CD-rom, to get a "recovery console" loading.
I have lost my CD, thinking I would never need it again.
So, my friend, told me to go and download "Combofix" he told me to run it with no applications and programs, I tried to do that but everytime I did; AVG would disturb it, even running in safe mode AVG would block it somehow; so I searched up "How to disable AVG" which led me to searching for "MSCONFIG" - "startup" and disable it there.
Well two problems from here;
1. The AVG even was disabled on startup, but still collided with COMBOFIX
2. There was a startup file called; VirusRL2009, but when I searched for it in program files where it was supposely located; there was no file.
I also remember faintly a black screen saying something in the area of CPU Overload, when i booted up the computer, Also I see people other than me are having this problem; Mozilla keeps redirecting me to other pages, I thought it was just me.

I have a good feeling if I can properly access the "Recovery Console" without a CD I would be able to fix this.
Please help me..
Suggestions, Tips, Pointers & Ideas are welcomed.
I hoped for a solution; this has been giving me a headache for the whole day and I've yet to progress.
Thanks in Advance...

Danny.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users