Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

full system restore with backup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 131355

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:28 AM

i have a gateway and i just did a full system restore with backup. everything worked fine. Now i want to restore all my pictures n documents, but i dont know how. any help? theres a folder named C:\My Backup -- 10-01-17 0824PM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

What is the Gateway system model?

You did not find instructions for using the backup utility at the Gateway site or in your owner's manual?

Louis

#3 131355

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

i tried looking for help on the online user manual, but it wasnt helpful at all. Just explains how to do the full system restore with backup, but doesnt explain what to do after. i see the folder in the C drive n i open it up n see all my files n programs n everything. i just dont know how to install all that back into the computer.

oh and i have a gateway pc GT5056 model.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

Worth a look, http://support.gateway.com/s/software/MICR...15418su30.shtml

http://support.gateway.com/s/software/MICR...5418su201.shtml

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users