Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to back up xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 5thForce

5thForce

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

is there any way (any softwares) to back up XP so i can restore it when my system crashed down ... so i have to not format my hard drive...

I AM USING TUNE UP UTILLITIES (FULL VERSION)... ONCE MY PC GOT INFECTED WITH VIRUSES AND COMPLETELY CRASHED DOWN ...WHEN I RESTART MY PC MESSAGE APPEARED "TUNE UP UTILLITIES SYSTEM RESTORE" WHEN I CLICKED ON IT MY SYSTEM RESTORED COMPLETELY.....
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

A user can make an identical copy of the partition/hard drive. The cloned copy (on a different drive) can then be easily substituted for the troubled drive.

Back up software works on a different principle...but accomplishes the same result. The user is able to restore the latest backup (as long as the hard drive is not damaged).

There are all sorts of back up programs and they tend to operate in unique ways.

But...honestly it sounds as if you want something that acts like a combination of Windows System Restore and recovery/restore partitions/disks. I know of no such product but I haven't tried every system or program that exists.

From what I see...Tune Up Utilities is just another program similar to Norton System Works. Such programs promise a lot, but actually can hurt the system more than help, IMO. They appeal to users who want easy answers to maintaining a system but they neither provide backup capabilities nor do they protect any user from the next system disaster.

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-uti...s/fix-problems/

Louis

#3 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

I AM USING ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE TO BACK UP MY DRIVE

ITS VERY USEFUL SOFTWARE