Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS Beep Code 28h Autosize DRAM

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tashman

tashman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

The other day I installed ComboFix on my business computer (yes I know, foolish thing to do) because my other shop computers were being used and I was in a hurry. I have used ComboFix a few times and have found it a really great tool for detecting and removing spyware, although one must be very careful when using it. Anyway, I got it installed but the program never ran, instead it closed to Internet connection and then shut down all on it's own. Upon restart tries, I now get 1 long beep, 3 short ones, 3 short ones and 1 long beep which equates to a 28h error that has to do with extended memory and says AutoSize DRAM (I found this info on the Internet in multiple places so I assume it is correct). This has been a good machine and I had all my business stuff on there. The hard drives are OK but I am wondering how to correct this issue.

The computer is an HP Pavillion 305w. I have removed and swapped out the RAM, unplugged all the hard drives and CD player, removed all the PCI cards (No AGP, it is onboard), removed and reset the main power plug on the motherboard along with the other 4 pronged plug and I cannot get past this. The beeps sound immediately after pressing the On/Off button.

It may be a coincidence that this happened right after installing ComboFix but that seems unlikely since it happened kind of during the install process.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users