Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse wont work on startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lsd350

lsd350

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

i had the search engine virus so i got the combo fix program and i ran it like the forum said and i was going to post the log but when i ran the combo fix it restarted my computer. well windows starts up just fine. but when i get to the pick which user to load up i have no mouse and the windows validation window pops up and i cant click on it or use the keyboard so i am stuck at pick which user!!!!! please help if possible

i have tried the last known good configuration program and so on

Edited by garmanma, 18 January 2010 - 12:49 PM.
Add text to title

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,089 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

Doesn't sound like an issue with CF.

If you have a wireless mouse, low batteries can result in weak, mixed or no signals that can affect its functionality so start by replacing them. If that does not help, confirm that the mouse works on another machine. It is possible the mouse could be defective or gone bad. Another thing to try is to use a different mouse or a PS2 adapter if its a USB mouse.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 lsd350

lsd350
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

thanks for the reply but i have a wired mouse and i have both usb and ps2 mouse and they work on this computer so i don't think its a mouse issue, any other ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users