Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help me i have 2 operating systems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rain05

rain05

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

during start up my computer says that "Which Operating systems do i choose". what just had happen? Why i have 2 operating systems? and it is all windows 2000. please help! How can I remove the other operatind systems?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:13 PM

Choose either one, and just see if everything loads up fine.

The computer is dual booting with 2 versions of windows.

Now, one way is do a repair of windows and just rewrite the os files so you can run operating system, and keep your data.

The other way, if you have no copy of windows 2000, you can open your boot.ini file in C:\ and delete the extra line from the boot menu. This will tell windows that 2 versions of windows is not installed. But you must unhide protected os file.This is reccomended only for advanced users, So if you dont know how to unhide protected os files its probvably not even a good idea to try this fix.

Best of luck to ya.

#3 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:50 AM

goto control panel system,advanced,start up and recovery,remove check mark from system start up.then it will only have one to choose from.this is the easyest way to fix
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users