Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

> Default Asus laptop keyboard unresponsiveness. PLEASE HELP!!, Keys tend to not respond at times.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mace10

Mace10

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

I own an Asus G71GX-A2 laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. I have been encountering a strange issue with my keyboard lately.

When holding down a key such as "W" in notepad for instance, it will repeat the letter for a short while, then as if I'd lifted my finger, it will stop for a moment, and then continue repeating W. If this sounds too vague, allow me to provide a more concrete example.

When playing a game that requires the "W" key to be suppressed to move forward (it's worth noting this problem occurs with other keys as well) eventually the character will stop moving, even though I still have my finger on the "W" key. This will then require me to lift my finger and re-press the key.

If this problem doesn't sound very severe, consider that it's been occurring more and more frequently as of late, seriously interfering with whatever game I am playing.

Additionally, it's worth mentioning that when I plug in my wireless Logitech keyboard to the laptop, the problem is nonexistent when using it for the same functions. No third-party drivers installed or anything.

Does anyone have insight into how I might go about resolving this issue? I apologize if my explanation is a tad wordy, but I must include every detail I feel is relevant so that I may effectively find an answer.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by garmanma, 19 January 2010 - 09:27 PM.
Merged topics

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Have you spilled any coffee or soft drinks on the keyboard?
The rubber membrane underneath the key might be cracked or damaged somehow
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Mace10

Mace10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

bump

#4 Mace10

Mace10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

I haven't spilled anything that I can recall; the unit is only a little over a month old, and is in very good condition. Not sure if it's hardware related though, to be honest.

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

you could try reinstalling the driver for it, or blowing the keys out. if you know your way around the laptop, remove the keyboard, clean out the connector where it connects to the motherboard and reinsall it. Honestly though, if reinstalling the driver for it doesnt work then your aftermarket keyboard may be the best solution.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users