Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus/Firewall errors followed by suspicious events and inability to reinstall firewall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kumu Honua

Kumu Honua

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Last night while I was at work, my weekly antivirus scan (Comodo Internet Security 3.13.125662.579) popped up an error that read "Update failed. Error code 0x80004002. No such interface supported" I clicked OK and then attempted to close the scan that had hung. It popped up a new error of "Update failed Error Code 0x800705aa Insufficient system resources" I rebooted and ran the scan a second time with the same results, but the scan hung up on a different file. A third attempt hung on yet another file at random times in the scan process.

Reading the support forums for solutions suggested reinstall of the software. So I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall.

The installation went on, then ended with an unspecified error that ended in a rollback of the installation.

Checking my event logs has me concerned because I notice activation of many .net framework errors, and bootstart/application start failures to load. Most of which were files related to my firewall/AV followed by Terminal Services, Fast user switching, IP Traffic filter driver, Telephony, and remote access connection manager services.

I am concerned that I have been hacked/wormed or virused. Mostly because under "Documents and Settings there is a new "Administrator" folder which did not exist before where only "All users, Default user, and Kumu Honua" were in the past.

I have uninstalled the comodo internet security files as far as I am aware but still see remnants the event viewer with the bootstart failure messages.

I hope the above is enough to start assistance. I'm at my wits end and do not feel secure without a firewall/AV.

I read all the stickies and I hope I have given all the information that I know and can offer for assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users