Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran cc cleaner and lost internet. Please Help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrisski

chrisski

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

My computer was infected so I ran SAS, MB, and finally updated my Java. All seemed fine and the internet worked. However, I was reading a guide on a different site and it recommended running CC cleaner to ensure the virus was completely removed. I ran it. Now I have no internet. It says I'm connected in my quick launch bar, but when I open up mozzila or IE nothing is there. Also, I can no longer update my SAS or MB through the internet. Trying to do so gives me an error message. I am running a windows XP and have norton 360 as my antivirus( I don't know of this makes any difference). Also, I want to note that all applications are very slow to run(not the case prior to CC cleaner). Additionally, the titles of my desktop icons all have black backgrounds now. It wasn't like this prior to my virus. Can my computer be fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

can you do a system restore back say 3-4 days before you had this virus?? usually a system restore gets things back like they was.

:thumbsup:

#3 chrisski

chrisski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

I now nothing about computer and feel stupid for asking this, but how do I do a system restore

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

System Restore
System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016