Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010- still infected after removal?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xingxang

xingxang

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hello. A friend's laptop (Dell Vostro 1500, Win XP Home SP3) became infected with IS 2010, so I followed removal instructions from this page:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286684/is-2010-removal-crisis/

All seemed ok- MBAM ran (after rkill) and seemed to remove the malware. THen about a day afterl I returned his machine to him and he went back online, signs of infection showed up in his wife's User Account, now he's having all kinds of odd behavior (browser redirects using FireFox), very slow startup and shutdown, several program errors and programs not ending at shutdown, and IE will not start at all.

I'm worried that the machine is either still infected w. IS 2010 or something else. What can I do? Is there a good tool to determine whether something is still infecting this machine?

Edited by xingxang, 17 January 2010 - 09:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xingxang

xingxang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Sorry, misprint.

Edited by xingxang, 20 January 2010 - 07:46 PM.

#3 unclelew

unclelew

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Same here...I ran atf cleaner,CWS shredder, HJT,Smithfix,SDfix, Rkill, Malwarebytes,SuperAntispyware,RootRpeal. worked good for about a day then every 5th web site would get redirected in IE 8.0, then I would get Dcom error and the system would reboot. Can't find anything online, but I now have 2 PC's like this. Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users