Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to the internet..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xXBullxDozeRXx

xXBullxDozeRXx

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

So I reformatted my desktop today (it's been screaming for one for a while now), but now I can't connect to the internet. I've never had problems like this before when reformatting. I tried to use cmd>ipconfig, but all it returns is "Windows IP Configuration", and nothing else. I called my ISP and they seem to think that I need some drivers of some sort, but have no idea what type or where to find them. Can anyone help me figure this out?

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3700+
2.21 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Make\model\type of computer?

If it is a self built then motherboard manufacturer?

#3 xXBullxDozeRXx

xXBullxDozeRXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

It is self made, but I can't recall the mobo manufacturer. Is there some way for me to find out without needing the box?

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

You should have gotten at least one CD with it. That should have all the necessary drivers that are not native to XP. Other wise you can pull the side panel off of the case. The make and model should be marked on it.

#5 xXBullxDozeRXx

xXBullxDozeRXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Will do; it's quite late now and I don't want to disturb my roommates, so I'll do this tomorrow and post my results. Thanks for your help so far.

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

Not a problem. While I will be away most of the day with a Clients house call someone else may step in to help.

I`ll check back in when I get home.

#7 xXBullxDozeRXx

xXBullxDozeRXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thanks, I checked out my motherboard to find that it is a gigabyte GA-K8 sli pro. I found all the drivers and am writing this response on my desktop. This problem is fixed, but now I have a sound problem.. new topic, here I come..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users