Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Maps on Vista

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eess

eess

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but...
Google Maps has suddenly taken to opening on a map of a particular address that I had looked up a couple of months ago every time I start the program. This problem started right after I had trouble installing a new HP printer. The CSR from HP had to take over my computer to get the printer installed and ever since then there are several small changes to the way all sorts of things used to operate. This is the most irritating one because I have to clear the address before I can enter the address I want to look up.
Any ideas how I can get back to having Google Maps open to a map of the US as it used to?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

hello
when you open google maps, theres a little link in the upper left side, "change your default location" does this help?

good luck
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 eess

eess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

hello
when you open google maps, theres a little link in the upper left side, "change your default location" does this help?

good luck

I was hoping for something like that but on the opening screen I get there is no place to make that choice that I can find

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

What browser do you use?
Did you try to clear cookies?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 eess

eess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

What browser do you use?
Did you try to clear cookies?

Browser is latest version of IE
I cleared the cookies and wiped out everything but the miserable thing going directly to that particular address.
I went to Google Maps home and found a place to set my default location. No matter how I change that, when I open maps it now goes to the default location I selected then a second later switches to the same old address.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

In IE, go Tools>Internet options>Advanced tab and click on "Reset" button.
Restart IE.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users