Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death and unable to boot in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heronp

heronp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

ďA problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time youíve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation, or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A90B830, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)Ē

It would not allow me to start the computer in any safe mode or last good configuration.

I do not have the recovery cd but I do have the initial cds that came with laptop-windows software. I can't get past the blue screen and when running diagnostics the express test came out fine...while the detailed test came back with 2 errors (fail-error code 0f00:0244 msg:block 99361612:Uncorrectable data error or media (and) error code 0f00:1a44 Msg: Block 99361623: Uncorrectable data error or media.
Does anyone know a link to direct me to since I have a desktop I can use to assist...thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19253408.aspx

I'm assuming that the system is a Dell.

The detailed/long diagnostic provides the best indication of problems because it is more thorough than the short diagnostic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users