Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't access gmail account in internet explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JusMoney

JusMoney

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

unable to access gmail account in internet explorer 8. redirects multiple times to blank page. gmail works fine in chrome. ran DDS scan per this site and are available.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JusMoney

JusMoney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

the situation has been resolved. no one replied to the dss scan post. another fix, turning off windows dep for internet explorer, logging on to gmail several times, turning dep back on for internet explorer, didn't work either. still couldn't log on to gmail. but in the process noticed that the 'double click to change security settings' icon at the bottom right center of the internet explorer frame had at some point been changed from 'internet' to 'trusted sites'. it was the only webpage of many i visit that was in this zone, so i just removed gmail from 'trusted sites' zone (double click the icon, go to trusted sites and remove gmail), logged on to gmail, and it opened with it being automatically reassigned to the 'internet' zone. been working fine ever since. don't ask me why, it just works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users