Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Tdlcmd.dll removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djk3522

djk3522

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

My son's desktop computer, running XP, which he uses for both school work and gaming, has been infected by a number of trojans/rootkits including tdlcmd.dll and alureon. I've tried a number of approaches to clear these infestations, including MacAfee, Stinger, Avast, Windows Defender, MalwareBytes, etc. Initially, many of these programs would detect an infected file and quarantine or delete it, but the system would reinfect on startup. Now all of these programs hang on a full disk scan on Tdlcmd.dll in the Windows/system32 folder. The scan gets to that point, and the program freezes, requiring a reboot. Also, Windows freezes if I navigate to that folder and click on the file icon. I'm hoping that ComboFix can clear this mess up. Otherwise I will reluctantly wipe the hard drive and rebuild.
Thanks, Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Dan,
you should check this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

You will need the assistance and tools available in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.
Good luck!

#3 mega7

mega7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:10 AM

well, I had tdlcmd.dll but it was coming back using trojan: Win32 Rootkit.GEN

What you need to do is install Avast! antivirus and schedule A BOOT TIME SCAN and restart your computer.
:flowers: :thumbsup:

Edited by mega7, 06 February 2010 - 05:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users