Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Keeps Redirecting, Internet freezes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Btusa

Btusa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hi Guys,

New here and signed up because I cannot figure out what to do.

For a little while, Firefox web browser (google) links have been redirecting me to other sites. Just random sites that have nothing to do with what I was searching. I've ignored it as haven't had time to work on it- Big mistake. A couple days ago I got infected with Internet Security 2010 (a rogue anti-spyware program). I removed it using Malwarebytes.

However, since then my internet (both firefox and more so IE) freezes on me almost anytime I go on it. Not only will internet freeze but then it usually also freezes my computer and then I have to reboot. I have AVG anti-virus and neither that or Malwarebytes has detected anything (I ran both scans yesterday).

As you can tell I'm not completely computer savy so if there's an complicated procedures to run please let me know how to do so.

Please any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Update- Ran a scan with Housecall, but it did not find any threats.

Edited by Btusa, 17 January 2010 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Btusa

Btusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

Hey,

So still infected. Looking on forums and still cannot figure out what to do.

Every time I run IE it immediately freezes still and after a short time Firefox will freeze on me too. When either of these happen my computer then freezes and needs to be rebooted. Also, in FF search engines like google... links keep redirecting me to random sites.

I've run Malwarebytes, Spybot search and destroy, AVG anti-virus and house call and none have picked up any infections. I am currently running my Ad-aware scan, but for some reason when I went to update it, it said that it could not connect to the internet and couldn't update.

My computer also freezes sometimes too just when I am running a scan or doing something non-internet involved.

Any ideas anyone? Another program I could run or a way to find out what exactly is happening?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users