Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus disables mouse during System Restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joeeee

Joeeee

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

A virus doesn't let the mouse appear in System Restore. To fix it you go into safe mode and type stuff in cmd promt because I had this problem before. But I can't find those instructions anymore. Thanks.

Also, a program my friend has is much too large for his screen. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Do you want to use System Restore in an attempt to get rid of the virus?

If so:

"System Restore will allow you to restore your system's configuration to a previous state. In some cases that means that viruses or spyware will be "undone" as part of the process. But system restore does not remove infected files from your system, and you can quickly get infected again. It also does nothing to prevent new threats from arriving." (Ask Leo)

Instead, start a topic in AM I INFECTED?
Provide as many details as possible about your problem.

One of our malware removal experts will help you clean your system.

After posting in AM I INFECTED, please go to go to Tidiness, post the link to this topic and asked that it be closed. After your system is declared clean, you can request that this topic be re-opened if the mouse problem persists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users