Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed 4 daughters pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angelbabe1uk

Angelbabe1uk

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

My daughters pc started performing funny 2 days ago
Eg : Desktop pic disappearing and screen turning green
Pc running very slow
Then all of a sudden when my daughter went on it the dam thing popped up with your computer is infected! please activate Internet Security 2010 to repair the problem
Lucky she asked me 1st and i told her not to do it
I went upto her flat and ran SUPER Antispywere and it found loads of stuff in her system
I also started to run McAfee but it just sent the pop ups mental
I also went into msconfig/start up and found the dreaded IS2010 & SMSS32.EXE so they were un-ticked
I didn't un tick the LYESYS32.EXE though coz was unsure but as the pc was closing down to reboot it un-ticked it anyway
When the pc came back to the log in screen and i tried to log in using my daughters password all it did was came up with her deck-top pic but no icons and played the log in music and then instantly logged out again playing the log out music and went back to the log in screen
I am administrator for the pc so i tried my details and it did the same thing
I even tried to get in the pc in safe mode and all it did was rebooted the pc
I cant get in full stop
My daughter is running a legit version of xp pro with all updates in it
Pc has McAfee total 2009 doesn't run out till feb this year
Pc has firewall running in pc as well
Does anybody thing that if i put the windows disk in and do a repair it will at least get me inside to try to sort it?
Or does it need a full formate?
My daughter has her itunes in her pc for her ipod so we don't really want to loose that as the music on it she borrowed off friends she no longer talks to anymore so couldn't borrow them again

Edited by garmanma, 17 January 2010 - 10:41 AM.
edit text for clarity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

Welcome to BC
This is spreading like wildfire. If you can get a hold of or burn a Linux Knoppix Live cd you can use that to help get the pics. and songs
[no text documents]

Here is a link to how to go about trying to recover your computer

Fix Windows XP LogOn/Logoff Loop ...... thinkinginpixels
http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Angelbabe1uk

Angelbabe1uk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hiya me again
Sadly the pc wasn't having nothing at all
We even tried a repair with the windows disk and 3 times it got to the same place and crashed :thumbsup:
So sadly we ended up having to do a complete formate and reinstall of windows xp pro :flowers:
Not something we wanted to do but the more we tried the worse the pc seemed to get
And rather than risk killing the hard drive/processor etc with doing so much we decided the best thing would be to formate
Do you know of any way's we can put all my daughters music/pics etc back in off her ipod without it formatting that as soon as its connected to the pc?
Because a lot of music she borrowed off ppl who were her friends but no longer are so cant borrow again :trumpet:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

I'm one of the few dinosaurs left that do not use an ipod, so I don't know
I would post your question here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/176/ipod-zune-mp3-players/
Have a good day and good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users