Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Codes - Computer cycles and never boots

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lun7200

lun7200

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

I was using Windows XP: Media Center and computer crashed for no reason and i got this BSOD code: 0x0000007F

Restarted computer and it never booted to windows. the windows logo came up but then a BSOD screen appears, with this code 0x000000D1 and then it restarts and just cycles through that

Sometimes the monitor displays a distorted screen. Sometimes its like 4 screenshots all on the monitor sometimes the screen seems offset, not straight.

whats the problem.

Its an HP Pavilion DV5000 laptop with TWO 512mb Ram sticks and an Intel Centrino Dual Processor. Thanks for reading this

I googled the codes and i couldnt find a working solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

Can you get into safe mode by pressing F8 while its at the bios screen?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

nope, I cant get into windows period safe mode or regular or whatever. I only see the windows logo and then a brief very brief bsod screen and then it reboots to the bios then windows logo then BSOD (less than a second) then Bios and so on. and once in a blue moon windows actually boots into the explorer and stuff but it crashes in a few minutes. I dont even have enough time to run windows update. Sometimes it boots but with the messed up screen like i said earlier. I was having these problems before and i thought it was an OS problem so I installed a fresh new copy of XP and it worked flawless for a few hours and then it crashed and its been like that ever since.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Download a free copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a cdrom and reboot the computer with the dvd/cdrom as your primary boot device run the long and short test and see if you get any errors.

Chad Mockensturm 

#5 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Download a free copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a cdrom and reboot the computer with the dvd/cdrom as your primary boot device run the long and short test and see if you get any errors.

it doesnt finish the test, it seems like it froze

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Sounds like a memory problem or overheating. Check for dust buildup inside the case, then try removing one of the memory sticks and run memtest again. If the test fails again swap the sticks and try again. let us know what happens.

Chad Mockensturm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users