Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with booting to a external DVD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 padfoot17

padfoot17

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Ok, I know this situation that in trying to do is really basic but i have been trying to do this on my own for the past couple of days and have not been able to get it to work. See, I had an image of a Windows 7 and was going to try and install it to my Dell Dimension 2400 but i dont have an internal DVD Drive so i went out and bought a LG 8x Slim Portable external USb DVD Drive. So I Installed the Drive and wrote the .iso file to a blank dvd and restarted the computer to try and boot from the external Drive. However, when i went into the boot list the external DVD drive was not listed in the list. SO i then went into the bios and tried to change the hard-disk sequence and it said "USB Device (not installed)". I didn't understand why it wasn't working because my Dell does support booting from external and USB Drives and also the external drive works in my Windows XP. Can anyone help m with this problem as i would like to hurry and install. Thank you. Also, my bios is a AO5 and when i plug in my ipod it gives me the option to boot from the USB.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users