Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:42 PM
I'll make a timeline so this is easier to follow
1. Picked up some sort of virus/malware/(I don't really know the difference)
2. Scanned with superantispyware, had 7 results, including one fishy "Unclassified.unknown origin"
3. Rebooted upon request (windows automatically updated something on that reboot as well)
4. Log in screen looked fine...and then a blank screen. My wallpaper is usually yellow with a picture on it. So my whole screen was yellow and I had a cursor.
5. Task manager wouldn't open. Ended up pressing shift five times so something came up and I was able to open an explorer window, run regedit, and enable windows task manager. No idea why that was disabled
6. Used task manager to run explorer.exe and everything looks fine except I don't have an internet connection
7. Googled an answer, someone said to run cmd: cd c:\windows\system32\winevt
8. "Access is Denied"
9. Opened msconfig and disabled UAC
10. Repeat step 7
11. Cmd: ren Logs Logs_bad
12. Cmd: mkdir Logs
13. Rebooted. Everything the same as step 4.
14. Enabled UAC
I don't know what else to do. Also, the unknown origin thing is located at "HKUS\S-1-5-21-2791125010-2061037798-2193384331-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (userinit - C:\Users\rubadub\AppData\Roaming\sdra64.exe"