Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

headers in comcast mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 merney

merney

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

Does anyone know how to get the headers on Comcast mail so that I may try to track the ip address of sender? I can find directions for Outlook, yahoo, etc but nothing for comcast mail.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

I assume you use SmartZone to access your mail.

If you do:

First determine if you are using SZ regular or lite.

If you are in "regular" SmartZone (look at the URL when you are in the Inbox - if no /h after the /zimbra, the you are in regular SZ):

Right-click on the message in the message list and select "View Source" from the right-click menu.

If you are in SmartZone Lite (you'll see a /h after the /zimbra in the URL).

Open the mail.

On the line which has Reply, Reply All, Forward, Print you will see to the right 2 icons.

Click on the one which looks like an envelope, this is View Source.

If you don't see the icon, use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page and scroll to the right.

If you need other help with SmartZone

I'm also going to direct you to the Comcast Help Forums. Those forums are provided to Comcast customers, and are a great resource for vendor specific issues. There are forums for computer issues, email issues, security, internet, cable tv, CDV, billing, and customer service.
Many times we, the users there, can provide answers tech support and customer service can't.

Click the link below, you'll be sent to the sign in page. Log in with your Comcast user ID (the part before .net) and your password. You will next see a first time forum users page, asking you to choose a screen name for use in the forums. Once you set that up, you'll be taken to the actual forums. Once you get to the forums, add it to your favorites and use the link to get there. If you don't, you'll have to jump through hoops to get to it.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/

Go to the Email forum. At the top of the email forum are 2 topics concerning SmartZone which provides answers to a lot of questions about SZ, the features, and how to use them.

If you still need help, post in the email forum. We do have some SZ experts who will be able to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users